Most Active Players
If you encounter issues with the master browser, cannot remember the IP addresses for our servers this is something to help you:
To connect to each server, you can just open your tremulous console (the ~ key) and do “/connect nameofserver:ip”
For Z and F, you do not neeed to specify the IP because by default, tremulous uses port 30720 and both Z and F run on this default port.
Hello X Players,
I present you X server gold edition!
X server gold edition is exactly the last X server developed by HermXIV, the difference with this and the original X is that this one is not gonna be modified anymore that means it gonna be stable all over the time, no more game play changes will be added.
You can find it on the list under the name X in yellow or connect via console using the command:
Admins will need to be set again over that server, just do !register and post on forums to be setleveld.
There is a new server running for those who like to fight vs bots the server is named F in red
- Can buy bots
- Can control bots
- Can buy power full bullets
you can connect directly using the command:
There are some handy commands do !help for a list.
In other news Sex is modding the X server, so expect some changes and the server may get broke at some stages, if is the case and you are an admin with ssh access, and sex isnt avaliable you can restore our last stable qvm.
ManBearPig Thank you very much for taking care of the servers on my retirement, you will be always welcome on our servers, good luck with your new projects man.
Hey guys, Christmas is over and 2011 is just a few hours away. Its been an honor taking care of this community for the past year, and of course i couldnt have done any of it without all of you guys, especially the Devs and Admins.
I thought i would also highlight the members who have donated money to Xserver over the past few months. Your contributions are GREATLY appreciated. Listed are donations since October of 2010. Sorry if any are missed, this was just the search result from PayPal. (i seem to remember a few more)
Also here is the donation button should anyone decide they want to contribute financially as well. Any amount is much appreciated.
Thanks UnderscoresOverrated for uploading this video.
Some quick lag reduction techniques, by popular request. (thanks Dulcimer Cannon for writing) For more info or questions please refer to our tech support forums @ www.xserverx.com/forums
1) Check how much bandwidth your using: Often times you experience lag because many people are using your internet at the same time. Despite how may seem, your internet is not doing everything at once. If for example you are downloading a youtube video while loading a web page and talking on AIM, even though it seems it is all happening at the same time, it is really only doing one of these activities at a time, it just switches which activity it is doing really fast. What this means, is if you are doing too much stuff at the same time on the internet, it has to switch to do more stuff each second, and it has less time to spend on sending packets and receiving packets from/to our server, making your connection laggy. To fix this, get other people to stop using your internet, and shut down applications that are using your internet (other than trem of course).
2) Check to see how many applications you have open: LIke your internet, your computer can only do one thing at a time (technically it can do more depending on how many CPU’s/cores you have… but thats another story). So, if you have 100 applications open, and they are all actively doing something, your computer is only going to be spending 1% of its time working on trem! To fix this, close your applications when you aren’t using them!
3) Living far away from our servers: If your computer is far away from our servers, it takes longer for your computer to talk to the server’s computers, and will cause lag. sadly, there isn’t really much we can do to fix this problem, other then trying to get a connection that is closer to us (Our servers are located in the US [Texas to be precise]).
4) Random 999ing: If you randomly 999 it almost always means you need to reset your router. If you are still randomly 999ing, try resetting your computer.
5) 999ing but still able to see people move: This is also a fairly common problem (depending on how good your router is), where you 999, but you can still see people move fine. This means that your uplink (the part of your router that sends information) is freezing. To fix this, just reset your router, if that doesn’t work, reset your computer.
6) Low frame-rate: Low framerate will also often times effect your ping. If you have a low framerate, try lowering your graphical settings (I explain how to do this in a section below).
Can there be lag from the server? Yes, but in-general the dev team fixes any server-lag pretty fast, and its fairly unlikely that the server is the cause of your lag
My lag didn’t fall into the 6 common lag problems – what do I do? Reset your computer, reset your router, then lower your graphical settings.
Will my ping go up if I have a low framerate? Quite often, yes. Lower your graphical settings, and try resetting your computer!
Are the X servers (X, A and V) unlagged? Yes.
What does unlagged mean? Unlagged means that we save an array of player states/positions, and then access the correct state/position for the time when you originally shot your weapon for the hit test —— Basically, you don’t have to adjust your aim for lag.
Will having a bad router increase lag? Yes, low quality routers won’t operate as quickly as higher quality routers, and will thus cause more lag for you.
Will having a bad computer increase lag? Yes, a slow computer/low quality computer will not be able to process data as quickly, and will not be able to output data as quickly, which will increase your lag.
Can HUD’s increase lag? Yes, certain HUD’s lag more than others.
Is there any ways to get faster internet without getting a new router/computer? Yes, you can try either upgrading your internet package with your ISP (Internet Service Provider [The company that gives you your internet]), or you can switch ISPs altogether.
Lowering your graphical settings:
While in-game, press the esc key. Then hit the options button, then hit the System button. From there hit GfxHardware. From there you set the following:
Video Mode <- the higher this is, the longer it takes to render, the more lag you will get Color Depth <- I use default, it doesn't make too much difference Fullscreen <- if this is enabled Video Mode doesn't matter, and it will use maximum resolution Lighting <- use the lightmap medium/high setting Geometric Detail <- Lower this Texture Detail <- Unless you have a small amount of RAM, this doesn't matter much Texture Quality <- Unless you have a small amount of RAM, this doesn't matter much Texture Filter <- Change to bilinear Hit apply. Open up the GfxSoftware tab and set the following: Marks On Walls <- no Dynamic Lights <- hell no Low Quality Sky <- no (Unless you have an abnormally small amount of RAM, in which case chose yes) Sync Every Frame <- no Depth Sort Particles <- yes Particle Physics <- low quality Light Flares <- off Apply.
Available Badges: http://blogwtf.com/badges/
On game type !badges to get your own personal link.
Hope you like it guys.
Also, all badge stats are starting as of today, April 18, 2010. Previous stats do not count.
Here are some new changes as of Friday April 9, 2010.
* Added Energy, max 1000 EP, you win it building, killing, assisting etc. !energy command.
* Added !heal Cost 1000E
* Added !icewave Cost 500E
* LiskBalls, right click with normal lisk, try it. Cost 1000E
* Dretch explosion now have the icewave effect with it.
* Now stamina usage when jumping is reduced, help with the turret blocking ways.
* Newbie protection, if a newbie get killed 3 times in a row with 1 minut of god, or 2 kills what ever happend first.
* Removed area building, since bps were ulimited it caused the way to much lag.
* 460 bps each team.
And please doubly note the following server changes:
* Changed W server port to 8000, can connect using /connect blogwtf.com:8000
This also means that you must update your favorites list if you have W added to it.
* Now the W is white.
* F server has been killed. It was too cpu intensive, the server couldn’t handle it.
Thanks for playing WTF Servers and keep playing!
WTF Server is now sucessfully up and running. You can join us in game at W or F servers.
Please visit the forums http://blogwtf.com/forums to join in on discussions about the servers and become part of the community.
In case any of you are looking at the Gametracker banners on this page and wondering what exactly is going on with X server’s rank, fear not. Game tracker classifies Tremulous as a Quake 3 server, which means that actual Quake 3 servers are included in the ranking along with all the Tremulous servers.
So, while the tracker shows us sliding from 1st to 4th lately we have actually never been more popular. We have an average of 21.6 players on X, while the next most popular tremulous servers are consistently lower. (thats not to say that they aren’t awesome servers themselves)
Also. We’ve been up here at #1 for a few months now, and its much thanks to our new Dev team and admin staff who have been helping to make this server awesome to play on. (and dont forget Xspectator, and Sex who have been contributing a lot of help with the more technical server admin issues) I think we have come a long way since the changeover, and its all thanks to you guys.